Thursday, April 18, 2013

A New Finish in a New Place {My #ScrappyTripAlong Quilt}

Pin It
Let's think back to New Years Eve and the first week of the new year when I pieced this Scrappy Trip Along lap quilt for my youngest daughter.

From January
Now that we have moved and are hanging out in our temporary residence, I am finishing up projects and am happy to announce that my #scrappytripalong quilt is complete!

My littlest Chickie chose to have her quilt backed with Eloise in Sky, from Jennifer Paganelli's Happy Land line, and I chose to quilt in a grid pattern mimicking the pattern created by the scrappy blocks.  I alternated rows of single stitched lines and triple stitched lines... and I am so happy with how it turned out!


I really, really love Jennifer's Eloise print and was excited when my chick picked it... as with all of my quilts so far (this is my third finish), I finished by hand-stitching down the binding.  I think this will be something that I continue throughout my quilting as I really love adding that touch; I feel like it keeps me connected to where quilting has come from.  Of course my opinion may change once I hand-stitch the binding on an extra large quilt... *wink*

After a light wash and fresh from the dryer, my little chickie soaked up the warm snuggly-ness of her new quilt.

My best attempt at capturing the cuddly-ness of a fresh quilt.
  I am hoping to have another quilt finished before we move into our new home and am excited to share it with you.

What have you been sewing lately?

XxOo~ Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts, this chick LOVES hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...