Thursday, January 3, 2013

What is a "Scrappy Trip Along"? { aka #ScrappyTripAlong}

Pin It
Here's my quickie post so that all of you who are seeing my Instagram or Twitter Feed, or my posts on Facebook (because you may not necessarily be on either one of the other social sites (why!?!?)), know what the heck I'm talking about while i'm showing off these scrappy blocks I just randomly (seemingly) started stitching.


It's not really random at all... 

You see, sewers/quilters all sort of gravitate towards one another, we share a passion, and if one of 'us' starts something and is having a blast, we all want to jump on the wagon and stitch our hearts out, too! (Right?! Can someone back me up on this?)  New to sewing? Oh, you'll soon understand.

Anywho, on New Years Eve I noticed that a few of the peeps that I follow via Twitter were madly stitching these scrappy quilt blocks and sharing them (via Instagram and Twitter) with the Hash Tag (#) ScrappyTripAlong.  I did a quick search and learned that it was started by Megan (from Lucy and Norman) and Brenda (at Just A Bit Frayed)... read about it on Brenda's blog, HERE.

I jumped in on the fun and have started sewing my blocks.  What a fun, impromptu Quilt Along!





You can find the original post for the Scrappy Trips Around the World Quilt in Brenda's post above, or on Quiltville.com.

And, here is another post from Brenda explaining how many scrappy strips (2.5 x 16 inch strips) are needed to make a given size quilt.  I'm still undecided on how big I'll go.

Are you going to join in the fun?! Share your instagram/twitter info in the comments, I'd love to follow along!

XxOo~ Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts, this chick LOVES hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...