Friday, December 28, 2012

Virtually SoChick! {The Blog, The Shoppe}

Pin It
Imagine walking through a quaint little town full of pretty windowed store fronts.  The shoppes aren't big, but they are inviting.  The store window that catches your creative eye is filled with lovely sewn accessories: pillows, cushions, fabric bunting, a pretty handbag or two, and a few children's garments.  Behind the window display is a cozy slipcovered loveseat with a gorgeous quilt draped across the back, flanked by a few comfy chairs and a small table filled with sewing magazines.  Beyond that, in this cute little shoppe, bookcases filled with beautifully colored bolts of fabric catch your eye; you notice the shelves are sprinkled with a collection of small vintage sewing machines and apothecary jars filled with raw cotton and vintage sewing notions; this view is pleasing, not overwhelming; you decide you need to take a closer look...

{Vintage Sewing Notions via}
{make do and mend. via}
{cotton jars via}
Welcome to my "Sewing Shoppe"... from the comfort of your home or wherever you may be, this is how I want you to feel when you come to SoChick!, the blog and the fabric shoppe.  Grab a cup of coffee, or tea, whichever you please, and take a look around.


My blog is becoming my virtual Sewing Boutique, where I share my love for creating: sewing of all kinds, quilting, funky machine embroidery, and fabric.  Here you can browse tutorials, find inspiration and tips/tricks for sewing; read my Guide to Fabric, ask questions and get answers; learn about featured small businesses, whose items I'd gladly display in a real shoppe; join a quilt-along or sew-along, and find new SoChick! Sewing Patterns.  And, most importantly, browse a selection of fresh, modern quilting and lifestyle fabrics in my online Fabric Shoppe

I'm looking forward to your visits, and will be here at the sewing machine or cutting table, ready to greet you!

XxOo~ Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts, this chick LOVES hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...