Thursday, September 13, 2012

Catching Up with Sewing {Craftsy BOM Progress: April Blocks}

Pin It
It's been a while for sure since I have sat down to sew with my Free Craftsy BOM Lesson.  I don't mind playing catch up, though, so I hope you don't mind reading about it!

To recap about the Free Craftsy BOM Lesson, you can read any of the posts, here.

Today I'm sharing my blocks from the April Lesson, enjoy!

{Craftsy BOM: English Paper Piecing}


These blocks were a lot of fun! I enjoyed the hand sewing aspect for the hexies... especially that I was able to sit with my husband and watch football, while sewing, true story!  Needless to say, I can easily see how one could get hooked on hexies.


The first block for the Craftsy BOM: April Lesson, was a Hexi Stripe; here we just stitched our hexies in a row and then appliqued to our background square.  I used temporary spray adhesive to hold my hexies down, I love temporary spray adhesive; one of these days I'll tell you all about spray basting a quilt with it!

The second block in the lesson called for us to make a scene with different sized Hexies.  In the lesson, our instructor, Amy Gibson, made a sun with rays and grass (Sunny With A Chance of Hex), but I decided I'd do a flower; only after piecing it together did I realize it looked like a snowflake... oh well, it works.

I'm so excited to get all of these assembled into the quilt at the end of the year, you'll be seeing quite a few Craftsy BOM Progress reports as I get caught up and share them all.

Are you doing the Craftsy BOM Lesson?  Did you know you can still sign up?  If you haven't been over to Craftsy.com, you should totally check it out.  Read why I heart it, here!

* * *
Be sure to stop by tomorrow for Feature Friday to learn about my friend Ashley's Shop, One In The Hand, and a SALE!

XxOo~ Melissa

1 comment:

  1. I like your snowflake (it is the season). I'm doing the Craftsy BOM too, but mine is wild and crazy. It has been fun and you can't beat free. I want to get your market tote pattern, but it may be a month or two before I can. I've enjoyed looking at your blog and am adding it to my Google Reader.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts, this chick LOVES hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...