Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up [Original Sewing & Quilt Expo in Raleigh, NC]

Pin It
This weekend I met up with my Mother-In-Law in Raleigh, NC for The Original Sewing & Quilt Expo.  This was the Expo's first stop in Raleigh... I usually travel to Atlanta in March for the Expo down there.

It was a fun weekend, the event was a lot smaller than the Expo in Atl, but I liked being able to hear myself think and get my hands on good deals!  It was also a great opportunity to see new-to-expo-shops and new-to-me-shops... I found a few that I would love to visit when I'm in Raleigh again, like Wish Upon a Quilt.

A view of the Gammil Longarm Workshop and the Expo floor.

One of my most favorite shops, Sew It Up.  I've purchased from them the past three years and am so happy with their kits and patterns they offer.

Seriously, every time I'm in this booth I feel like I could sew one of these dresses.  Take a look at the dress I made for my littlest chick with a Pink Fig pattern that I picked up from Sew It Up at the Expo in March, Here.

Our view of Raleigh from 7 floors up in the DoubleTree Downtown.  Raleigh has such a pretty Downtown area full of shops and beautiful old homes.

To finish it off, we had dinner at The Pit.... Seriously good BBQ up in here!!

Like I said, I scored some great deals at the show... I'll share what I came home with in another post!


***
Through Friday, June 29th... Save 25% on ALL Fabric in the Shop, Amy Butler and Joel Dewberry Prints, with code VACAY25 at Checkout!



XxOo~ Melissa


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts, this chick LOVES hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...