Monday, June 18, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up {Coastal Living & Father's Day}

Pin It
What a great weekend we had...


We kicked off Saturday with a 2.5 mile run, my husband, littlest chickie, and I. (Our oldest was at Gymnastics Practice).  It was nice to run with my husband, and have him switch off with the jogging stroller... a 3 1/2 yr old in a jogger is not easy, regardless that I've been running for a few weeks with her, ha.


We we got home I knocked out these SELF exercises from the SELF Drop10 Diet... I'm pretty much just using this for the exercise routines, and boy do I feel it.  I love this workout.


After a few more chores, we headed out to pick up our oldest from practice and went down to Harkers Island, NC where we took a ferry out to Cape Lookout National Seashore.  After living on and near NC's Crystal Coast for 7 years, I had yet to make it out to the lighthouse!  My husband, kids, and parents have all gone... it was about time!


It was a windy day but beautiful all the same:



Father's Day started with the little chicks making breakfast for their Daddy, my hubby, with help from Mommy (aka me, duh) which was followed by a family run, well for the husband and I... Little Chick sat in the jogger and Big Chick rode her bike.  We ended Sunday by grilling out at our house with my Dad and Stepmom.  Just as an FYI- you have to try Grilled White Peaches, Bobby Flay style... here's the Recipe... SO GOOD!


The next few weeks are going to be insanely busy, followed by a week long vacation at Fripp... so here I go!

Have a great Monday!

XxOo~ Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts, this chick LOVES hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...