Monday, May 14, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up {Flowers, Fabric, & Mother's Day}

Pin It
Good Morning!  Monday morning means time for another Weekend Wrap-Up post... these posts are my way of sharing life behind the biz with you... though now that I'm back at the Farmer's Market regularly, I guess a little bit of biz will sometimes be thrown in the mix. 

On Friday I planted some flowers in a hanging basket on the front porch.  I love the color combo and that Vinca Vine (the green plant on the right) came from another in my back yard that decided to grow extras! Yay for extras!

A blooming yard means I get to bring pretty flowers inside, too.  Here, I put a fresh hydrangea bloom in a glass jar with some Stella D'Oro Daylily cuttings... love! 

Saturday was spent at the New Bern Farmer's Market, I was so happy to bring these Fat Quarter cuts of the Amy Butler Soul Blossoms fabric that was listed in the SoChick Shop last week!  I was even more thrilled to find so many sewists who were happy to see, and buy, this pretty fabric... totally what makes me love what I do, seeing others who get just as excited over beautiful fabric!

I picked up these pretty earrings, from Twisted Wire, at the Market this weekend... I was fortunate to have a booth next to her and they were my Mother's Day gift to myself... that's okay, right? Of course it is!!

Mother's Day was spent eating pancakes in the morning, made by my hubby & enjoyed by all; gardening, relaxing at home, and ending with dinner at my Dad's place.  Dinner was delish, my lovely Stepmom pulled fresh veggies from the garden for us to enjoy and we finished it off with Strawberry Shortcake dessert... Yum!!!

(With my littlest Chickie while big sister was relaxing with Daddy.) 

Here is the square foot veggie garden we planted... still a few spots to fill with plants, but its looking good so far.  Yes, we used pink Twine to section it off. (From The Twinery, of course!!)


How was your weekend? Did you have pretty weather?  How did you celebrate Mother's Day?

Don't forget about the SoChick Sewing Pattern SALE & GiveAway that's going on... I'd love to reach my goal of 25 patterns sold by Memorial Day so I can give away a pretty bag making kit!  See all of the info, HERE.

Have a great Monday!

XxOo~ Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts, this chick LOVES hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...