Wednesday, May 23, 2012

My Fitness Journal {Eating Healthy}

Pin It


I'm sitting here hoping it doesn't rain this morning so that I can go for a run.  A few weeks ago I picked up a gently used jogging stroller (for a great deal... $40!) and I've really stepped up my game since then.  I log my runs with the Log Your Run App (free) on my iPhone and I'll tell ya, its SO much easier to run when I can take my littlest Chick with me.


I'm not gonna lie, getting used to pushing my three-and-a-half year old in a jogging stroller, after never having used one, is a workout in itself... but completely doable. Bonus is extra calories burned and she gets park time after two miles! 


This week I added some strength training exercises from SELF magazine and am feeling them after the first two sessions.


The most difficult part of upping my regular exercise is making sure I take in enough calories and make smart eating decisions. SELF does have some great recipes and plans on their site, though their recipes are geared for a single person... not a family of four; after I do the math, it gets expensive.  Luckily, my family eats pretty healthfully anyway; the biggest factor is making sure I get the extra calories I need and don't blow it by waiting so long to eat that I'm ravished.  I need to remember, Veggies, fruits, veggies, veggies... because I can eat endless amounts of those... right?


I'm doing my best to slow down on sugar, too... and coffee... GASP!  I know, it's crazy.  A big helper has been the Spark Energy Drink by Advocare.  It helps with the afternoon coffee craving by giving me energy without the overdose-caffeine jitters.  It has a ton of vitamins; some days it helps me through my morning workout, too.


Do you work out regularly?  What are some of your favorite healthy snacks or meals? I'd love for you to share links or recipes!  I'll let you know if I try them!


Hoping to get some sewing in today... wish me luck!


XxOo~ Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts, this chick LOVES hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...