Thursday, March 22, 2012

Asian Style Pulled Pork Tacos with Broccoslaw [A Slow Cooker Recipe]

Pin It
I'm avoiding my computer like the plague this week, so I'll have Part 3 & 4 of The SoChick Chick's Guide to Fabric posted another day (soon).  In the meantime, I've been teasing my Twitter/Facebook/Instagram friends with these yummy pork tacos I made for dinner.


Because I love all of you, I'm sharing the recipe... enjoy!


[Asian Style Pulled Pork Tacos with Broccoslaw]



Ingredients :


1 Pork Sirloin Roast
1/2c Mae Ploy Sweet Red Chilli Sauce
2tbsp Soy Sauce
Grated Fresh Ginger (about 1/4 tsp)
Small Corn Tortillas
EVOO Cooking Spray


For the Broccoslaw:
1 package shredded broccoli coleslaw mix
2/3 c Vegetable oil
1/3 c Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4c Sugar
1 package Chicken flavor Ramen Noodles, set aside flavor packet
1/2 c sliced almonds (I actually used chopped pecans)
Mae Ploy Sweet Chilli Sauce

Instructions:
(Pork)
Place Pork in Slow Cooker
Mix Sweet Chilli Sauce, Soy Sauce and Ginger in a bowl
Pour over pork and cook on low 6-8hrs.


(Broccoslaw)
Empty bag of Broccoli Coleslaw, almonds and crushed Ramen noodles (uncooked) into large bowl
In a small bowl mix Oil, Vinegar, Sugar, and contents of Ramen flavor packet until sugar dissolves.
Pour over Broccoli mixture and toss to coat
Cover and refrigerate until Pork is ready




When Pork is cooked:
Shred with a fork stirring in all of the juices/sauce from cooking.
Preheat Oven to 400 degrees F.
Spray one side of Corn Tortillas with EVOO Cooking Spray
Place Tortillas on a baking sheet and bake until slightly crisp, approx 5 minutes.
Remove from oven and promptly fold in half... allow to cool for a few minutes before preparing tacos. (This just helps them keep a 'taco' shape)
Remove Broccoslaw from fridge and toss/stir.


To Serve:
Place Shredded Pork in Taco and top with Broccoslaw... enjoy!


** These are super yummy as leftovers, too, when the Ramen noodles are slightly soft.


XxOo~ Melissa

2 comments:

  1. SUPER yum!!!

    This is going on my "menu" for next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look & sound really good, Melissa! So very different from anything I ever make. I shall try them soon & I thank you for the recipe & for visiting my blog, The Gazebo House.
    I'm hoping the changes to Pinterest's TOS will continue & that improvements will be added, so that proper credit can be given. I'd like to see them block pins from both Google images as well as Tumblr. That would go a long way towards rectifying the situation.

    This is my first visit to your very pretty blog, so I'm going to go get a second cuppa tea & poke around a bit. I promise I won't ever pin ANYTHING of yours without asking your permission first.
    fondly,
    Rett

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts, this chick LOVES hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...