Monday, January 9, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up [DIY's & Sew Along Progress]

Pin It
  One of my personal goals for 2012 is to enjoy more time with my family and to keep weekends as work-free as possible.  Being that I work from home this isn't always going to be the case, but it's so important to have set work-time and off-time.  This weekend was off-time, for the most part, and it felt great... I am now ready to take the productivity from the past two days and put it into my new inventory for The Shop! (I can't wait to re-open at the end of the month so you can see the pretty fabrics!)


So, what was I productive at you ask? 


[Let me tell you!]


For Starters, on Saturday the Hubby and I completed Stage One of Operation: Organize Our Kids' Room!  This project has been a long time coming and I'm so happy we have finally started!  Let's hope the whole deal goes smoothly... I'll tell you more about it tomorrow, sneaky, I know! *wink*


[Now, Let me show you!]


I am finally getting around to finishing the roman shades that I wanted to do months ago.  I am happy to say that I have one shade complete and mounted! *happy dance*  I am planning to mount the second today... I'm in Loooove.


This is just a sneak peek... look for a post about these blinds later in the week. *wink*

I also made progress on the quilt I am making for the After Christmas Sew Along I talked about last week.  This weekend I joined the charm pairs with the setting rectangles to make strips that I then pressed.  Next weekend I will join the strips to complete the quilt top... things are coming along nicely!  



The pressed strips will live on the corner of my sewing table for now; I'm excited to finish this quilt by the end of January!  Click on the After Christmas Sew Along button in my right side bar to learn more, and join in!


Like I said... Productive!  Now let's hope it lasts the week!

Have a fabulous Monday...

XxOo~ Melissa

2 comments:

Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts, this chick LOVES hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...