Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Staying Busy [Festival Prep & Product Launch]

Pin It
{MumFest at New Bern Farmer's Market}

I have been sewing like crazy getting product ready for Mum Fest this weekend in New Bern, NC as well as prepping SoChick's new Fall items, which will start launching this weekend, too!!

{via}
SoChick! will have a booth at the New Bern Farmer's Market for the two days of Mum Fest!! We will be there Saturday, from 8am-6:30pm, and Sunday, from 10:30am - 5pm... whoa, two long days of festival fun!

I am so excited to have some new Fall bags and accessories at the festival... if you are in the New Bern, NC area this weekend, be sure to visit MumFest downtown and come by the New Bern Farmer's Market, on S. Front Street, to say "Hi!".

{Fall Products & New Ordering Info}
  This weekend I will also begin listing SoChick's Fall Products!  Due to popular demand and customer feedback, I am excited to announce that SoChick! Handbags is introducing "Made to Order" items as a way to improve your buying experience and to ensure that everyone has a shot at the original SoChick! Handbag or Accessory that they love!

{What is "Made to Order"}
  Now, when you purchase a SoChick! Handbag or Accessory that is listed as "Made to Order", your bag will be cut and sewn as your order is received.  Your bag or accessory will then ship within 15 business days from date of purchase, fresh off the sewing machine!

{Why?!}
  I have come to realize that many SoChick! styles and fabric combinations that are very popular with my customers, and when the original sells out, you are left wanting more.  With "Made to Order" I can ensure everyone gets the SoChick! Handbag or Accessory that they love, while maintaining quality (as each is still individually cut and sewn by me) and uniqueness (fabric placement varies by cutting, thus giving each item a unique quality).  This also allows a more "customozed" SoChick! shopping experience as you will also be able to choose from a few color selections for many "Made to Order" products! How awesome, right?!?


{What about One Of A Kind bags?!}
  Because the placement of fabric patterns will vary due to cutting, each SoChick! Handbag will remain unique... However... I am bound to come across small cuts of fabric that I can't possibly pass up (you do know I have a slight addiction to fabric, right?)... So, there will be bags and accessories here and there that are truly One Of A Kind, meaning: it will not be duplicated, there is one an only of that item, once it's sold... it's sold.  These One Of A Kind aka OOAK items will be listed as such in the Shop.

I really think this will help to streamline workflow while maintaining a better inventory to allow everyone to be "Everyday Chic, Everyday Chicks!"


XxOo~ Melissa

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of ordering customized bags! Have fun at the Farmer's Market:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cate! I'm pretty excited about it, especially since I've been considering it for some time now.. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts, this chick LOVES hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...