Thursday, September 22, 2011

Inspiration Workshop [Family Room]

Pin It
I took a few weeks off, but today I'm back to linking with Gussy over at Gussy Sews for this week's installment of Inspiration Workshop.

The Prompt {Family Room}

This prompt couldn't have come at a better time since we are currently in the process of re-doing the downstairs of our Townhouse, thanks to the fire in our laundry room.

Our home isn't huge, but it works for us.  Our Living Room IS our Family Room.  We have two little chicks, two dogs and a cat, so space as well as functionality is big for us.  It's also important that we are able to tidy up the day's chaos to allow ourselves to relax in the evening... here are some of my most recent Pinterest Pins with my family room inspiration.

Gray walls with white trim & slipcovers 
(which I plan to make for our sectional):



Source: bhg.com via Melissa on Pinterest


I love the navy thrown in the mix here...
with the casual, yet crisp, feel of this room:
Source: houzz.com via Melissa on Pinterest

We have a living room wall that has a funny angle b/c of the stairway;
I plan to make it a Gallery wall:
Source: bhg.com via Melissa on Pinterest

Love the dark, but not too dark, wood floors in this room...
just like what I've been looking at:


Also, would love to add fun items, like this subway board,
to add more casual-ness to the gray/white scheme:

Finally, this is my fabric inspiration for the Family Room/Living room:
(the plan is to make roman shades with this Amy Butler fabric, flanked by white/ivory linen drapes)
Source: fabric.com via Melissa on Pinterest


I really love Pinterest for making this whole re-model thing a little bit easier!


Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop!


XxOo~ Melissa

5 comments:

  1. Oh, these are lovely!

    Love the windows in the first one. I also love how clean and fresh it looks!

    The shelving in the second one is great. I'd definitely have lots of it in my family room.

    I'm a big fan of trees, so that artwork is amazing!

    Awesome choices!

    Stopping by from gussy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kassie! Clean and fresh is totally what I'm going for . ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your ideas!! They are beautiful! :)

    Stopping by from Gussy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. these a beautiful ideas!! thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gray walls are so fun! they give you the perfect mix of cozy and bright. thanks for linking up! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts, this chick LOVES hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...