Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Sweet Brown Sugar Scrub [A Recipe for Hands & Body]

Pin It
If you've been following my blog, you'll know that I participate in a weekly linky party called Inspiration Workshop, hosted at Gussy Sews... and if you aren't following, for shame! ... just kidding, you can follow via Google Friend Connect, Twitter or Facebook... I'd love to 'meet' you! 

One of our Inspiration Workshop prompts was Pamper Yourself, and I mentioned a simple Brown Sugar Scrub that I make up for my at home pampering.

Anyway... I thought I'd share the recipe.  I basically came up with this after reading plenty of magazines and needing something simple and quick to give myself a mini-pampering session.  I don't claim to be in the business of making bath and body scrubs and such... just an FYI. *wink*

{Sweet Brown Sugar Scrub}

You'll Need:

A jar or container with a lid

1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar (loose, not packed)

1-1 1/2 tbsp Honey (I used local honey from the Farmer's Market)

1/2 - 1 tsp of Olive Oil

Here's what ya do:

Put your brown sugar in your jar and add the honey...

Mash it all around...
you will make a mess (if you're like me)

Make sure your honey and sugar is well blended

Next, add your olive oil, starting with 1/2 teaspoon adding more if needed:

Mix it all up again, it'll should look like this...


Put the lid on and your scrub is ready when you are!


To Use:
Scoop out a little bit of scrub with your hand and massage onto your hands and arms.
Because Brown Sugar has a low melting point, so this scrub will slowly dissolve as you warm it in your hands.  I like using it in the shower as an all over exfoliating scrub, it leaves skin sooo soft... Sweet!

Do you have a recipe for quick at home pampering?  I'd love to hear it, leave a comment!

Also, check out Cate over at Wildruffle.com for another Sweet DIY beauty secret! (Psst... she inspired me to write up the recipe with her wildruffle comment on my Inspiration Workshop post, here.)



Photobucket


XxOo~ Melissa



3 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm sooo going to have to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. Ive got to try this out! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts, this chick LOVES hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...