Thursday, August 18, 2011

Inspiration Workshop #12 [Front Porch & My Pets!]

Pin It
When I saw that this week's Inspiration Workshop (hosted at Gussy Sews) prompt was The Front Porch, I immediately thought of my Nan's house when I was growing up, in Sleepy Hollow, NY.

Her home was a beautiful white stucco Colonial with black shutters.  The Front Door was painted black; the three steps up to the porch were red brick and the porch floor was painted brick red as well.  At the top of the stairs she had these old metal milk jugs, one on each side of the steps, which she had painted black and would fill with the reddest of red Geraniums every summer.  There were three white columns on the porch, one at the left corner and two flanking the stairs; to the right was the door to the sun room at the side of the house.  I remember the black wooden bench and wicker porch set that sat in front of the large windows to the left and right respectively.  In the winter there was always a stack of firewood along with shovels and rock salt by the black bench; in the summer we would sit on the wicker loveseat and chairs to watch as an afternoon thundershower rolled through to cool down the hot air.  I have so many wonderful memories there; I wish my pictures weren't packed away in the attic... note to self: Have hubby bring them down.
Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



I'm also linking with Scattergirls today to share my pets..

Introducing:

Marilyn Louise- 5yo Boston Terrier (15lbs)- She runs this joint.


Conrad James- 2yo Std. Poodle (55lbs)- My sweet lovin', yet super goofy boy.

Jack Bauer- 5yo Black Carolina Panther Cat (17lbs... fatty)
He keeps the neighborhood in check, though we try not to let him out.  
Also notorious for loving shoes more than  I would like. 
Notice what he's snuggled up to? Yep, work shoes AND Flip Flops...
Have a wonderful Thursday! Check back in tomorrow to see what I'll be up to this weekend!

I would love for you to connect with me via GFC, Pinterest, Facebook or Twitter... check the buttons to the right!

XxOo~ Melissa

5 comments:

  1. All of your pets are darling, but Marilyn Louise just stole a piece of my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for linking up your fur babies to scatter girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pups are so cute! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pet pics:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pets are so cute and I especially enjoyed the description of each one lol :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts, this chick LOVES hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...