Saturday, June 4, 2011

Weekend Stitchin' [ Weekend Projects #1 ]

Pin It
With summer just around the corner and school finishing up this coming week, I decided it's time to get going on planning some activities for the girls and I.  Of course those plans include lots of beach time. ~YAY!~  But other than that it's about time my eldest daughter, who turned 8 two weeks ago, gets sewin'.

Luckily my Mother-In-Law and I think alike, being Sewing Geeks and all (this is what my husband calls us... a name we embrace *wink*), she picked up this adorable little starter machine for Trista's birthday, complete with all the necessities to get stitchin'!




Trista's first project is going to be these little dresses using Simplicity pattern 2228.


The plan is to sit this weekend and go over using her machine with some of my scrap fabric, of which I have lots and lots of!  Then, I'll help her read the pattern, cut the fabric and stitch, stitch, stitch!  I mostly want to just guide her so that she learns by doing... we are both very excited about this project!!


Isn't this machine A.dor.able?!
Some pretty ribbon to embellish the dresses.

Grandma even included thread. *wink*

Tutti-fruitti fabric from Joann's (This one has pirates, way cute!)
Some pretty pink tutti-fruitti.

There is even enough fabric for Trista to make some dresses for little sister (Natalie is 2-and-a-half).  Trista is pretty excited about this, too!

This should be a fun weekend for us as I pass my love of sewing on to my daughter, who I'm sure will be a Sewing Geek, like her Grandma and I, in no time!!

I enjoy projects that take time, but more than that I enjoy the gratification of something that can be done quickly in a short amount of time... like in a weekend! Do you plan for projects that can be done in a weekend, (they can be anything... sewing, baking, knitting/crochet, DIY around the house)?  Leave a comment to tell me what your fav. Weekend Projects are!

I'll come back on Monday with photos and the scoop on how we made out with our Weekend Stitchin' !  If all goes well, and I'm confident it will, I'll have to plan some more Weekend Stitchin' Projects to share so that we can all have some easy, fun, quick, projects to boost our creativity through the summer months!

Have a wonderful weekend!
XxOo~ Melissa

Shop SoChick!
"Like" SoChick! on Facebook
Follow on Twitter @TheSoChickChick

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts, this chick LOVES hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...