Monday, June 27, 2011

My Weekend Wrap-up and other [SoChick News]

Pin It
Good Monday morning!  I hope you all had a fantabulous weekend. (Fantabulous (adj.)- see Fantastic & Fabulous *wink*)

 We took a day trip to Wilmington, NC (about 2 hrs south) with the girls, to hit up Costco...I wish we had one closer! It is so worth the drive, though, for the savings on groceries! Oh yeah, and I grabbed a few things on sale at Old Navy.... Woot!  I'll show those to you for this week's WIWW post.  Yesterday, Sunday, my husband smoked a whole chicken in his smoker... an all day process... and it was delicious!  The girls and some neighbor kids/friends played on the huge slip-n-slide that we had to have, but so worth it; they had a blast!

My little blogging agenda is filling up as I am inspired everyday by the blogs I read, my girls, my passion for what I do, all of you!  Here's a quickie rundown of what is Coming Soon for SoChick:

~ I've been finishing up some Custom Orders, most recently being a really great 'faux' quilt for a friend of mine... I'm writing up a mini-tutorial that I will share soon!  This is a great Weekend Project!

Once my customs are done I'll be adding more accessories to the shop... and Yes the Perfectly Pleated Pouch will return!  I know, I know, you are as excited as I am, right?.... Right?! *wink*  I'll do a Feature post when these return. :-)



~ If you follow me on facebook, you saw my status about the cute little tiered wire tray I picked up on sale ($4, woot!)... well, here it is: 
Don't you love it?! I do!

Between that and this post from Gussy Sews, I've been inspired to share my studio space with you... Look for a SoChick Studio Tour in the next few weeks.

~ I've got a few mini-series posts up my sleeve, too... :-) 

I think I've been doing well with my Blogging Commitment and I have a lot more in store.  I am so completely thankful for all of the new blog followers, twitter followers and facebook fans in the past few weeks... All of you have really inspired me and lifted my spirits;  I am really enjoying 'meeting' everyone.  To Thank You, I have a fun Give-Away planned.... very soon! (Not following? Check out the left side of this page for all the link-up/follow buttons and join in!)


I'll leave you with some pictures of the chip & dip bowl my husband and I painted for Father's Day (can you guess which SEC team we are Fanatical for?!).  Have a great Monday!









XxOo~ Melissa

3 comments:

  1. It's probably for the best that Costco isn't closer to you.. I always end up going in to get lettuce and come out with a cart full of "necessities" :)
    That tiered tray is adorable, its pefect catch call for ribbons and other misc items :) Very cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just now seeing this post for some reason. Fun stuff. I got that same wire tiered thing too on clearance! How funny. I spray painted mine white though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eisley- I totally have considered painting it white to use on my table at a craft fair... great minds...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts, this chick LOVES hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...