Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day [Family]

Pin It
Happy Father's Day

A quick post this morning, over coffee, while my husband sleeps-in.  After breakfast we are heading out to The Accidental Artist for some Father's Day fun.  Unfortunately, Joe has to head out to work later this afternoon, so it'll be a quick day.

I think he'd not be to thrilled for me to gush about him on this blog as it is not our nature, but don't let that come across as a lack of love for one another.  A little about my guy... the quick version: he's a former marine, drinks beer, smokes an occasional cigar, has tattoos, LOVES football (i do, too), doesn't cuss, is a great cook, a neat-freak (mostly), a super-hard worker, loyal, caring, and a wonderful, wonderful father.

He's the one all of the neighborhood kids like (for the most part *wink*), 'the cool dad' that puts out the huge slip-n-slide for everyone, the one who wrestles and rough-houses with our two girly-girls untill I say something along the lines of "it's all fun and games till someone gets hurt", *sigh*.

Joe works hard to support our family, he's been a hard worker ever since I first met him.  He was an awesome Marine and once in the 'real world' has always excelled in his career.  I am proud of him for that; credit goes to his parents, too, who are both hard working, wonderful people.

I couldn't ask for a better husband, friend, and father for our children. I am completely blessed and thankful for him.

Happy Father's Day.

XxOo~ Melissa

2 comments:

  1. AW this was so sweet!!!

    ...my husband got to sleep in too..he said it was heaven lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lindsay! Isn't it amazing how something as simple as sleeping in is a HUGE deal with kiddos?! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts, this chick LOVES hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...